The Shepherd's Academy
How to Apply
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in The Shepherd's Academy. We look forward to assisting you with the admissions process. To apply please click the link below. Please download and complete the enrollment application and supplemental documentation. All required items must be turned in before your application can be processed. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and you will be notified of admissions decisions within a few days.
The deadline for 2020-21 admissions has been extended.
Download and submit the application forms below.
Early bird registration for 2021-22 school term begins January 31, 2021.
Regular registration notification dates for our first
round of admissions are as follows:
May 7, 2021: Camp Destiny and Preschool.
May 22, 2021: Grades 1-12 Homeschool Support
If you have any questions, please call Dr. Althea Penn, Director of Admissions, at (470) 485-7758 .
You may also send an email to [email protected]
We welcome applications and will continue to accept and review them based according to space availability.
*The Official Code of Georgia provides for only two types of exemptions from immunization requirements:
1. Medical: Medical exemption for a vaccine should be filled in only when there is a physical disability or condition that contraindicates immunization for that particular vaccine. There must be an annual review of medical exemptions, and certificates must be reissued with or without indication of exemption. O.C.G.A. §20-2-771(d)
2. Religious: For a child to be exempt from immunizations on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must furnish the school/facility with a notarized Affidavit of Religious Objection to Immunization (DPH Form 2208) Chapter 511-2-2-.07 of the Rules of the Department of Public Health. The school/facility must keep the affidavit on file and available for inspection by health officials in lieu of the Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231). The affidavit does not expire. O.C.G.A. §20-2-771(e)
Parents may register for enrollment at anytime. Please note the application procedures below:
1. Schedule a visit or tour of the facility
Information Night, Open House, and Orientation dates are listed on the school calendar and the contact page of the website.
2. Complete and return the following forms with the registration and necessary testing fees:
Medical Authorization Form
Certificate of Immunization Georgia Department of Human Resources(GDHR) Form 3231 or other form*
Eye, Ear and Dental Examination GDHR Form 3300 (K5 and above)
Field trip permission forms
External Preparations Form
CACFP Income Eligibility Form
Food Allergy Action Plan (if applicable)
Special Care Plan for Asthma (if applicable)
Special Care Plan for Diabetes (if applicable)
Pastor or Church Leader Reference (K-12th gr.)
Request for Student Records Form (if transferring)
3. Schedule interview with administrative staff and teacher to clearly establish a mutually supportive relationship between the home and school
4. Schedule Admissions Test for K4 and K5 students
5. Notification of application acceptance or denial